Want to be amazing at sales recruitment? Here’s how.
As the living force behind many companies, the pressure is at an all time high when it comes to sales recruitment.
What if your next sales person costs you money instead of making you money? How can you be sure that their driven personality will shine through in the role as well as the interview? Ultimately, what makes you amazing at sales recruitment?
If you’re faced with the tricky task of sales recruitment, identifying the high billers from the non starters can be a risky game.
So to help you get a head start, we’ve put together 10 quick tips to ensure you have every chance of success when recruiting sales professionals.
1. Write your sales job specification with the mindset of the type of sales person you’re looking to hire.
2. Take an honest look at the role you’re offering, the type of culture you operate in, as well as the on-boarding, educating and training you provide. Will it attract the high billers?
3. Keep your commission structures achievable and simple to assist your sales team with being successful.
4. Use a mixture of job boards, social media and offline advertising to ensure your sales recruitment campaign reaches the widest audience.
5. Deliver personality trait questionnaires to help you find out how your sales candidates communicate with others.
6. Treat sales recruitment like you’d pitch to a new client. Motivate, support and connect with your sales candidate if you’re planning on winning them.
7. Prepare interview questions that allow the candidate to communicate and elaborate in detail so you can discover everything about them.
8. The top sales people want more than just good remuneration – they also want recognition and their views to be listened to.
9. Closing a sales interview is a bit like closing a sale. If they’re a good sales professional, this will come instinctively so listen out for their closing pitch.
10. Once you’ve got the star performers on-board, don’t just leave them. Plan one-to-one meetings to help them develop and achieve their potential.
Out of all the tips I have shared, what’s important to remember is that your sales department is complex and requires attention, time and preparation.
So before you embark on your next sales recruitment strategy, follow these tips and it won’t be long before you build a sales team generating revenue higher than the rest.