QR Codes – The Future of Recruitment Technology?
You’ve almost certainly seen them around – on print cartridges, food packets or even a sticker on the bus, stuck there by a guerrilla marketer.
QR (Quick Response) codes, first used in manufacturing, are gaining popularity in other sectors.
So do QR codes have a place in the recruitment industry?
Bridging the gap between the real world and the online world, if you scan a QR code with your smart phone you may receive someone’s contact details, a text message; it could take you to a web page or prompt you to write an e-mail.
As more job seekers turn to the internet to find a job, if used effectively QR codes could become a great recruitment tool.
Here are five ways you could use a QR code in recruitment:
1. CVs – Some tech savvy job seekers incorporate a QR code in their CV, taking you to their website, LinkedIn profile or even a video resume. If scanning the code takes you to a well though-out site optimised for mobile browsing, you’ll know you have a candidate who is keeping up-to-date with technology.
2. Graduate Recruitment: 53% of people scanning QR codes are aged 18 to 34, making them ideal for recruiting graduates. Using a QR code in your recruitment process will show that your company is moving with the times and isn’t afraid to try new ideas – something many talented graduates will appreciate.
3. Networking – If networking is key to recruitment, quick response codes could be invaluable in making contact with talented candidates. Think business cards are out of date? Put a QR code embedded with your contact details on your card.
4. Career fairs & Conferences: If you’re recruiting, a QR code on your marketing materials could take job seekers to the ‘apply online’ section of your website.
5. Analysis: QR codes are trackable, giving you access to new set of data and ability to gauge the response to your recruitment campaign.
Do you think QR codes have a place in recruitment technology? Or are they just a passing fad? I’d love to hear your thoughts, so why not leave a comment below?