Become a LinkedIn Power User – 10 tips on using LinkedIn for Business
Want to leverage a network of over 150,000,000 professionals? Do you dream of being able to contact thousands of potential star employees – even the ones who are not currently looking for a job?
If you’re on LinkedIn – you already can.
Unless you’re making the most of LinkedIn for your business, you could be missing out on hundreds of opportunities. You may have built a professional network and contacted peers in your industry using the networking site but do you leverage LinkedIn as a company?
Here are my top ten tips for getting the most out of LinkedIn for your businesses:
1. Integrate: share your corporate blog or your company’s design portfolio on your profile. Create a custom LinkedIn URL and add this to your email signature to drive traffic to your profile.
2. Link your profile to your Twitter account and tweet your LinkedIn updates automatically.
3. Give and take. Constantly bombarding your connections with adverts will just see your updates hidden or your posts flagged as inappropriate or promotion (a.k.a spam) so keep your content varied and interesting.
4. Be helpful and establish yourself as an industry leader. Answer questions in your groups and positively engage with your contacts and group members.
5. Get the most out of the LinkedIn status function by updating regularly with interesting news and links.
6. Personalise your invitation to connect messages. Let your potential contact know how your company can add value to theirs.
7. Leverage your LinkedIn company page. Optimise your company profile and post regular status updates. Gain your company followers by promoting your company’s LinkedIn profile on your website.
8. Organise your connections by tagging. In addition to keeping your contact list tidy, you can send messages to specific groups, such as your staff or candidates.
9. Create targeted product pages. Tailor your company’s message to specific demographics, such as industry or geographical location.
10. Create a group to discuss news and issues in your industry. Keep it well moderated and proactively engage with your group members (but remember tip 3!).
This is only a tiny slice of all the things you can do to make the most of LinkedIn. Check out Interactive Insights Group’s blog post for more useful LinkedIn tips.
There are many more ways you can use LinkedIn for business, from improving your company’s page rank to conducting market research. And with all forms of social media, the rules are constantly evolving so it’s important to keep up-to-date.
Do you have a company LinkedIn page? Has it benefited your business? If you have any more tips to use LinkedIn for business, please share them below. For some ideas, here’s the webrecruit LinkedIn page.