Recruitment budget feeling the squeeze?
If you’re a business owner or hiring manager, the start of a new year can provide the ideal platform to re-focus resources, adopt new working practices and start to build a stronger, more effective team.
January is a busy time for candidate traffic, but with more businesses tasked with delivering more for less – finding ways to tap into the growing talent pool whilst keeping an eye on costs can be a difficult task.
Here, we’ve chosen to share with you our top suggestions to help you reduce your hiring costs:
1. Get help with copywriting your vacancy to start on the right foot
2. Share your latest vacancies within your company’s blog section
3. Avoid services that use a scatter-gun approach to recruitment – carefully select organisations that use a complementary set of resources (trust me; it will save you admin in the long run!)
4. Set up a company page on LinkedIn and list your jobs – for free
5. Post your latest vacancies within skill set specific groups on LinkedIn (e.g. .NET Developers)
6. Use the CV databases to target qualified candidates (after all, the passive pool now account for 90% of candidates relevant for your role)
7. Using Twitter, share your roles using relevant #tag phrases – such as #jobs, #sales etc
8. Contact interested candidates as soon as you can (they may be talking to a competitor and you may have to start the process of recruiting again)