How Webrecruit helped the leading cinema chain to attract customer service staff ready for their new cinema opening.
Vue Group is one of the largest multiplex cinema operators in the UK and Ireland. It operates 1,879 screens at 211 state-of-the-art multiplex cinema locations in 10 countries, namely the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Denmark, Netherlands, Poland, Latvia, Lithuania, Italy and Taiwan.
Vue has partnered with Webrecruit to help source candidates for the opening of their new cinemas for several years. On this occasion, it enlisted our help with the launch of its Farnborough cinema.
The main challenges associated with this project included:
- To hire all of Vue’s customer service cinema staff (c40 members) ready to commence on the same day
- Attracting talent for a mixture of roles, encompassing both experienced professionals as well as trainee sales assistants, working full and flexible part time shift patterns
- Screening candidates to ensure they represented Vue’s core values
Vue enlisted Webrecruit’s help with this volume recruitment project because it was drawn to its ability to flex up resource based on the timescales and personnel needed. It worked alongside Vue’s recruitment team, based in Chiswick, to ensure the timely delivery of qualified candidates ready for interview.
The project, which lasted two weeks, focused on efficient process management, from the advertising of vacancies to shortlisting of incoming applications, and arranging interviews, ready for the recruitment team to take over.
This partnership required Webrecruit to work with both the team based in Head Office, as well as general managers in Farnborough, which meant open communication channels and feedback was crucial.
A project of this nature, sourcing candidates with customer service backgrounds, can typically result in a high number of applications. This can put significant pressure on internal teams. Webrecruit’s project team found themselves filtering out 60-70% of all applications, providing Vue with just the relevant candidates who met with the key criteria around providing first class customer service and working with the general public.
The team also telephone screened applicants for the trainee roles, which whilst not requiring tangible experience, did need people with both the right attitude, communications skills and the flexibility to work various shift patterns.
By partnering with Webrecruit, Vue went on to achieve the following:
- 100% of staff ready to commence within the signed off period
- Provision of candidates who matched Vue’s behaviours and attitudes as a result of telephone screening
- A personal approach to candidate communication, including feedback
Want to learn more?
Find out how Webrecruit can assist with your volume recruitment efforts.