Finance Officer – Charity
Up to £30,000 DOE
As a Finance Officer, in this charity environment, you’ll support the successful running of our Finance department, responsible for all finance activities.
Citizens Advice Torridge, North, Mid & West Devon is a Devon-based advisory service that helps members of the public to understand, face, and deal with problems they may be experiencing.
Every year thousands of people come to us for advice and help with all manner of problems, from managing debt and household bills, to welfare and benefits.
Last year, we helped 17,621 people across North, Torridge, Mid and West Devon. We are now looking for a Finance Officer to join our team and support the smooth running of our Finance Department.
- Up to £30,000 per annum DOE
- Employer’s pension contribution
- Generous annual leave
- Ongoing training and development
In this varied role, you will:
- Produce the annual budget, working with CEO - this will be used as the basis for the year’s Management Accounts
- Monitor budget lines and update the Predicted Outturn sheet regularly in agreement with the CEO
- Produce quarterly Management Accounts, and discuss Management Accounts with the CEO and Finance Trustee and present them at board meetings
- Work with the CEO and Business Development Officer to provide budgets/costings for new income streams
- Work with the CEO to produce figures relating to the Business Plan
- Monitor Accruals, Deferred Income and Prepayments and any journals posted as necessary
- Monitor Balance Sheet and Trial Balance figures and make relevant changes
This is a fantastic opportunity to increase your leadership skills with an organisation that puts their client’s needs at the centre of their decision-making.
You’ll join a team who are inventive, collaborative and focused on giving people the tools they need to overcome their challenges. We aren’t afraid to try out new things and are always looking for ways to improve our service and help more people.
So, if you’re looking to learn, grow and work alongside a team who are passionate about what they do, this is the role you’ve been waiting for.
As a Finance Officer, you’ll support the successful running of our Finance Department, focusing on our payroll activities, responsible for all finance activities.
Share this Job